Saturday, March 2, 2013

Tom's Farms | Corona, Ca

Tom's Farms is a classic for our family. We grew up driving to (what seemed like an out of state road trip) Corona...now just a ten minute drive down the 15 freeway...often enough for me to reminisce about my childhood memories at the farm. We never did anything fancy. It was the same ol' furniture store...salt water taffy...cheese pizza...water fountain...and so on. But for whatever reason, it's a fond memory I have of being with my family. And so when I saw that the weather was going to be near perfect over the weekend, my first thought was to make it a family outing with my husband and kids! I told B we were going to the farm...so we pull out from the garage...drive around the block where the cow farms are...to which he yells: FARM! Yes...we basically live on a farm.

Tom's Farms: there's no parade...it's not glittery or animated...the rides are slow and scenic...and my husband was even a little disappointed that the farm did not feel so much like a farm. But trust me...it's a keeper. You'll see what I'm talking about when you go...and maybe even through some of my photos. Enjoy!

The main store front

B's favorite...tractors!!!

He calls them "cows" from watching Disney Cars

Okay, so I got a little excited in the morning and we got there an hour before the rides/petting zoo were open. But it turned out great because we were able to slow down from our busy lives and just spend time together as a family!

This is how she spent most of the time :)

Finally a family photo!

I warned Jason that I was going to take some pictures today so I went off on my own to capture some of the details~ Just a couple to share!

I asked B, "Who is that?"...he said Mommy -__-

...nuts...salt water taffy...fresh produce...teas...sauces...pickles...dried fruit...candies...

the color orange :)

Various sodas!

Fresh Produce


& popcorn!

my boys

The 10 acre scenic train ride...you don't see much...but it's still fun!






Tip: Pre-order your pizza~

The same cheese pizza from when I was a kid!

Our lunch spot

Hello my name is Rambo! 

Jumpy, jumpy!!!

Petting zoo 

Always happy when we're out

And of course...ice cream~

No comments:

{ the scoop }

Come get your doublescoop for the day! We are simply photo hobbyist taking pictures of life & friends. L&M is not a photography business. Thank you! <3

{ toppings }

Baby (21) baek-il (4) baking (10) birthday (12) bridal shower (3) Christmas (10) dance (14) Disneyland (3) Easter (1) engagement (12) family (19) film (2) first birthday (12) heart (1) life (25) lynnandmin (27) maternity (7) my kids (1) newborn (6) photography (4) portraits (24) senior (3) trailering (5) trips (2) vendor (1)

{ cup or cone }